Monday, October 5, 2009

What is the digital culture?

When I first heard about digital culture, I immediately thought of cell phones, mp3 players, I-pods, computers/laptops, etc. Today, there has been many ways to share different types of knowledge/art through the Internet. Besides cell phones and other things, Music, paintings and drawings, photographs, video, dance, poetry and books are also considered forms of art in the digital culture. For me, it is way easier to look through the internet and find the information I need to write an essay or write a research paper, instead of just going to the library and looking through a thousand books and only receiving a small amount of information. The Internet has its own way of delivering information faster and quicker and it helps a lot of people get things together. There is no limit to accessing the Internet. To be completely honest I don’t own a laptop or I-pod. The two most important high tech methods people use to listen to music. Something that I do use to listen to music is my cell phone. When I want to listen to something in the car or in general, I just simply hook up my cell phone and either go on youtube or my play lists. It’s faster and easier. I personally think that CD’s are way old fashion. And well when it comes to my cell phone, and me, we are like inseparable. I text so much, that sometimes my fingers get numb. To me, I think this method is easier to communicate with others. We live in such an extreme period where technology has completely taken over. No matter where you go, you can see someone using some sort of technology. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing because as of right now I am using the computer to type this Blog instead of writing it down on paper. And what’s big about this is that, it’s a great learning process for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment